Sunday, November 16, 2014

DEV - alexandria brown and sam perkins

http://www.slideshare.net/alexandriamacae/math-is-fun-41621873
put this into full screen.


for this process, some problems were more difficult than others to create. I really enjoyed being able to be creative, though. figuring certain things out was part of the process and even though it took some time, I loved having to figure it out. like in the long division problem. we had to figure out how to make an equation under the radical that would simplify down to only a zero. I loved that problem. it was probably my favourite. making the powerpoint took more time than the actual problems themselves. powerpoint upsets me.
this class was very different for me. im always used to getting super good grades, and understanding math really really well. but this time, I struggled. im not gunna lie. this class was really hard for me to understand. I do wish that I would've done better in the end, but it definitely taught me a lesson that im grateful for. im glad that I had Jackson to help me through this journey. all the one on one talks that we had helped me more than he realizes.
im super glad this class is over though. I still don't get half of it.
this project was fun.
math is fun.

-Alexandria brown


this trimester was a huge challenge for me academically. trying to adapt to a new type of class and new type of learning was a struggle. however challenging it was though, it taught me how to learn at a higher level and figure out how to learn more independentally without being spoon-fed everything. at the beginning I wasn't very fond of this learning style due to its difficulty but now I really appreciate what this trimester did for me academically! the improvement I saw from the first functions unit to the latest unit about polynomials really makes me feel proud! even looking back at the first test now, it seems so much more doable and much easier to take a second look at. I struggled this trimester and it was the most difficult class I have ever taken, but I believe that it helped me learn more efficiently and it will help me with classes I take in college.

-Samantha perkins

No comments:

Post a Comment